Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Myla Bowman's Perfect Pie Crust

In less than 2 weeks the summer issue of WV Living goes to print and in it, we will be bringing you pages of recipe ideas for your summer berries. When editor Nikki Bowman assigned the berry article to me she said, “You have to include my mother-in-law’s piecrust recipe, it’s the best I’ve ever tasted!” And that got me thinking. Piecrust, in my opinion is an art. It’s not simply the recipe that is key to a flaky, melt in your mouth pastry, but the technique.  

A flaky piecrust is a lost art that I’ve never been able to master. “Do you think your mother in law would allow me to video her technique so we could share it with the readers of WV Living?” I asked. And the rest, as they say, is history!

In this video, Myla Bowman shares with the readers of WV Living her tried and true techniques for the perfect piecrust. I think you’ll also enjoy the stories she weaves into the lesson. Myla is like a cup of hot chocolate on a cold winter day (with homemade marshmallows)!

After you’ve watched the video, you'll see the secret ingredient to Myla’s perfect piecrust is really no secret at all, but instead a light hand mixed with a dash of patience.

Myla Bowman's Perfect Pie Crust from Joy Bell on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment